


Mark & Kim Schlosser
A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to get together with some friends from Guam. I'm not sure what it is about Guam and the ministry out there...maybe it is the fact that you basically live, work, worship, celebrate ups, hang together during downs and survive typhoons together that often makes you closer to the people around you than family. Since you are on the other side of the world from your real family, they basically become your family while you are there. I have found that even if you weren't super close to someone while on "the rock" (Guam), when you are Stateside and you have the chance to see them, you jump at it just because it is like seeing family again. You can get together and share your memories and enjoy the fellowship. The Schlossers were good friends to me on Guam. Mr. Schlosser (I still have a hard time calling him Mark) was my deacon for the first few years I was there and was a blessing on several occasions. Kim and I became closer at a point when we were both struggling with some things and the Lord kind of pushed us together. I will always be thankful that the Lord brought her to be an encouragement to me during that time.
I walked away from seeing them a few weeks ago and could only be positively affected. They were an encouragement to me in a huge way and I thank the Lord for bringing friends into our lives who can say the right thing at the right time in just the right way. My life is better for having walked the same path with them for a period of time.
6 comments:
Well Sandra you made me cry. Oh how I miss so many of you that have come and gone from this rock as you call it. It is the people that make the ministry here! Don't forget to check out the ministry webpage www.hbcguam.net They are keeping it up daily. Pic's from Easter and 5K. Bob S
AWWWW! So good to see the pictures of you all! We do have great memories don't we? God is so good. Bob is right...we do miss all of you! Floresita :-)
Floresita! Thanks for stopping by. :) I'm going to call you one of these weekends, I promise. I miss you guys tons.
AMen I agreee
Enjoyed a lot! Vodoo graphics cards gay romeo Phone kevin trudeau
Post a Comment