Sunday, October 19, 2008

He's Home!

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us. As of this evening, our little guy is home. He is doing very well. Things went smoothly at the hospital today and we actually were out earlier than we expected. We look forward to the next days and weeks of experience life with a newborn.

I'm sure you'll get to see tons of pictures as time goes on. By the way, for those who have questions on how we came up with the name:

Jonathan means "God has given"
David means "Beloved"

The combination of the meaning of the names and their Biblical background, and a little of the fact that we just liked the names together were all a part in our choosing his name. He isn't named after anyone specifically in our lives.

Anyway, off to change a diaper - which I'll be doing much of in the days to come...

6 comments:

Brownells said...

He looked so peaceful last night, I hope he didn't pick up the sniffles! Wishing you many happy days of "experience life" with your little boy!!! (You always bust my chops, so I couldn't let that one go by..:)
And go RAYS!! You should've named him Rocko or Upton :)

Rebekah Downs said...

Yay! That's great news! If we weren't all so sick, I'd offer to come help you in some way. I'm sure you don't want us sharing this awful cough with Jonathan, though, so if there's something we can do from a slight distance, let us know. =)

And, please do post lots of pictures! We can't wait to meet him! =)

Mary Ann said...

Yay! What a precious baby boy & I love his name - such a meaningful choice! I'm praising the Lord with you for His wonderful gift to you both.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! As one adoptive parent to another, I know completely the joy and undefineable feeling you have right now. He is beautiful, and you will be blessed as you raise your sweet baby boy. Best wishes to you.

Jenny said...

We are so very excited for you! Hurray, hurray!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

wonderful wonderful. when are you going to let visitors stop by? huh huh?

well. I have already started working on some personalized items for the little guy. So excited!! woohoo.