Thanks for your patience as we had to change our blog URL. Two main things inspired this switch:
1. Jonathan's Adoption. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I didn't like the fact that at one point you could put all three of our first names into a search engine and up would pop our blog, which just happened to have our last name. One more quick search and you could have our address. Once I realized that, I kept envisioning walking outside the house to find Jonathan's birth dad there to take him away. So...I was wanting a URL that didn't include our last name and that's why I'm asking that you not put our last name on your blog connected to this link. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
2. A bitter anti-adoption blogger ran across our blog back just before Jonathan was born and has sent us several messages as well as written several rude posts about us on her blog, stating that we stole another woman's baby, that whenever Jonathan cries it is because he is crying for his real mom and etc. Frankly, she has gotten my blood pressure up one too many times and the last one chose to link us on her post so that all of her other adoption hating friends could find our blog and share their own great comments. She also made the statement "hey, adopted kids are replaceable, right?" in relation to the pictures of Jonathan in his Bumbo. That one really sent me over the edge. And for the record, he is only in that on the counter when we are there next to him. He also does not yet have the strength to jump out of it, but if he did, again, we are there. She doesn't know us. She hasn't seen how we care for him and yet she has chosen to judge us. So, we decided to make the change to avoid more of all of that mess.
Thanks for your understanding and patience with our switch.
Oh yeah, one more thing. If you have a blog and don't see your blog listed on the right hand side under our friends, will you make sure to leave a comment so that I can link to your blog again? When we changed the URL it got rid of all my links to friends. Thanks!
3 comments:
you can add me if you want! :)
aw. well thats sure sad that she had to spit out her opinions on you! Im so sorry.
Ok, I am a little behind on reading. But glad things are cleared up with Psycho woman. :) Love ya.
Post a Comment