Monday, March 19, 2012

Triplets Ultrasound Update, 23 Weeks, 6 Days

I know I just added a picture a few days ago, but today I actually was allowed to leave the house because I had an ultrasound, so I thought we better take advantage of the fact that I was actually showered and dressed to go out and see if we could have at least one pregnancy picture that didn't include my hair in a ponytail. :)

Today's ultrasound was a good news/okay news type of thing.

The good news:

*All three heartbeats were in the perfect range.
*Baby Boy B weighs 1 pound, 10 ounces.
*Baby Girl weighs 1 pound, 9 ounces.
*Baby Boy C weighs 1 pound, 7 ounces.
*All three are measuring ahead of schedule.

The okay news:

After 11 full days of bedrest (today is day 12), that which is supposed to stay long and had gone from 3.5 to 1.9 has remained the same length at 1.9. HOWEVER, Baby Girl's head is pushing down as if she wants to get as far away from her brothers as possible and that has led to a little of an opening beginning. This afternoon one of the high risk doctors will do a detailed review of the ultrasound and provide a report to the doctor I see tomorrow with a plan of where to go from here. Because of the location of Baby Girl's head, it wouldn't be safe to try to sew things up to keep escape from happening. So, we will see what they say tomorrow.

Most likely I will hear the same thing...bedrest from here on out, every day matters, etc. They did tell me today that if I start to feel any sort of cramping that I need to head to the hospital right away. The reality is, there isn't much they can do to stop the progression BUT I have a big God Who can keep these babies safely inside me for as long as He wants AND if He chooses to have them come now, He can protect them and give them life outside of the womb at this point too. That is the awesome part about having a BIG God.

I read somewhere over the weekend that at this stage of pregnancy that a baby will grow up to 6 ounces every 7 days. That is probably just for a single baby, but since all of my babies are currently measuring ahead of where I actually am, I'm hoping the same holds true of them. That means if they can just stay put for one more week, we are past 2 pounds for all but one of them. Every little bit truly does matter, so I continue to thank God for each day that we get past without problem.

The goal from the doctors before today was at least 29 more days. That would get me to 28 weeks, which is still early, but starts the time frame they expect the babies to come (28-32 weeks). We will see if tomorrow they have changed that projection.

I am going to ask, nay, virtually insist, that they schedule me for another ultrasound next week to keep an eye on if that 1.9 is going down. Plus, Mike's mom comes on Thursday and will be staying until the next Friday, so that would also allow her to see the little ones. Mike's grandma was able to go with me today and she really enjoyed seeing the babies on the screen. Since I hope they stay put until after she leaves (on Friday this week), this might be the only time she sees them for a long time.

Thanks for your continued prayers. We praise God for each step of this process and for the privilege of carrying these babies.

1 comment:

emily russell photography said...

That which is supposed to stay long! Love it! Haha!
Really praying for you, my friend, and those precious little lives you carry inside! I believe in miracles! =)